Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Day of Summer

I had totally forgotten that yesterday was the first day of Summer. I had been waiting for this day to do something fun. It's a good thing that I coincidentally did the most summery thing ever yesterday evening.
(Caution: an extremely large amount of photos are about to come your way.)

I hung out with these two gals for a photo shoot beside the Rio Grande. 




I hadn't seen my friend Bianca in a year or so, and she kindly volunteered to pose for pictures.

Bianca is wearing (my clothes) :
dress: Charlotte Russe
belt: H&M
shoes: Payless
bow: Farmer's Market 
 My sister Melanie is always up for a photo shoot. 

 Melanie is wearing:
dress: mine, thrifted & altered 
necklace: mine, Splendid 
flower bobby-pin: mine, Icing's
boots: ? 

 Can't have summer picnics without strawberries.  

 Juicy. 


 There's sunshine upon her shoulder :)
The air smelled sweet. My nose has never experienced a smell as sweet as the fragrance of the air last night. Alright, I'm exaggerating. But I was surprised at how wonderful it did smell. Holy Moley. 
I'm really pleased with how these roadside pictures turned out. The curve of the road makes it look more interesting, as opposed to her standing on the side of a straight one. 

What a fun day. 

My week is only going to get better! The husband and I are headed to Albuquerque tomorrow in preparation for my best friend's wedding! Holly and Ronnie will be married in the Albuquerque temple this Friday at 2pm. I'm glad I have the opportunity to witness this important time of her life and to document it as her wedding photographer. I've got a busy couple of days ahead of me. 
I heart this girl. 
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Chat with me! I reply here, so check back if you asked a question :)