Monday, June 10, 2013

Utah

Since this was such a short trip, I didn't take too many photos. My sister-in-law, Audrey, and I drove all day Friday and made it into town at 1:00 am. When we arrived at my brother-in-law's we stayed up for another couple of hours talking, so I didn't make it into bed until about 3:30am. And once I laid down my mind was overflowing with thoughts about the conversations we had in the car. I feel like road trip conversations can reveal a lot about a person. We were driving for over 26 hours (to and from Utah) so we had a lot of time to share stories and past experiences. I'm really glad that I got to spend that time with Audrey and that we learned a lot more about each other on a personal level. 

Friday night (/early Saturday morning) I did not sleep a wink. It may have been from my overactive mind, or thinking about the deer we saw getting hit by a car in Colorado, or just discomfort from the air mattress. Regardless, I decided to just quit trying to fall asleep since I knew I'd have to get up early anyway. That makes sense, right? 
I went to a flea market with my other sister-in-law, Brekke, on Saturday morning. I've never been to one before and there were so many cute antiques. I bought two vintage dresses for $20 and I'm really excited to blog about them! 
I hung out with my rambunctious niece and nephew.  
And I got to meet a couple of my blogger friends! Emily and Jessi.  
Jessi and I actually had a photo shoot on Saturday in the same location that Emily took her engagement photos. So cute. You can look forward to those tomorrow after I edit them! 

And I can't believe I did all that on literally no sleep. Thankfully I slept like a log on Saturday night, and I slept in until 1:00pm today. I still feel a little tired but Ryan and I have plans with friends tonight that I'm pretty excited about.

Happy Monday :) 

2 comments:

  1. Such a unique, quirky looking place. Seems like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, found out where this hole in the rock gas station is. i shall have to visit next time i am down there. i want to pet the animals!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Chat with me! I reply here, so check back if you asked a question :)