(Mikelle and I have swapped blogs today! You can see my post and learn a thing or two about thrift store shopping here. )
Hi, I'm Mikelle from The Honeypie Archives and I'm so excited to be guest posting here today. I am so lucky to have "met" Beverly in this big, big, world of blogs, and she really is one of the sweetest, nicest, best dressed girls out there, and so it's my pleasure to be answering a few questions here today.
1. Why did you start a blog and what is you favorite thing about it?
I started my blog for one of my photography classes- we were required to upload our work weekly. I couldn't stop after that! My favorite thing is all the friends I have made through blogging.
2. Least favorite thing about blogging:
Probably seeing photos of beautiful, clean, immaculate houses with gorgeous furniture, and delicious looking homemade food on pretty plates in spotless kitchens, and crazy creative "easy" do-it-yourself crafts and feeling really really undomestic, and lazy.
3. Who is you favorite band/musician? What have you been listening to a lot lately? Favorite song? (yes, that's all one question!)
My favorite band of all time is The Beatles, but lately I have been listening to Damien Rice a lot. My favorite song... hmmm, it's a toss up between "You've got to hide your love away" by The Beatles and "Royals" by Walk Off The Earth.
4. What does your ideal Fall outfit consist of? (feel free to add a photo!)
A really good scarf. One that doesn't kink my hair in the back.
5. What is your favorite television show and who is your favorite character?
Downton Abbey. Hands down. And my favorite character is Violet Grantham, some of you may know her as Professor McGonagall.
6. Do you/have you played any instruments? If not, what would you like to play?
I play guitar. More like, I used to play guitar. I am really rusty and barely remember any songs, but now that I have a son that likes to listen to it, I try to practice a little bit more and am slowly recalling old songs.
7. What were you like in high school? What were your interests?
I was really quiet. I guess I still am. But I kind of hung out in the background. I took lots of art classes and spent most of my time in the studio, or behind a computer using Photoshop.
8. What was your first impression of your husband?
The first time I ever saw my husband was at a high school football game. I thought he was cute, but didn't like the way he dressed. The first time I ever actually spoke with my husband was a few years later at a friend's house. I thought he was even cuter, and this time I really liked the way he dressed. Call me shallow, but yeah, that's how it went down.
9. Favorite quote:
"Experience life; agonize, scream, cry. And then let it go" - Leo Buscaglia
10. Favorite book:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The movie is pretty great too.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to visit the blog!