Here are some things that have made me happy recently:
- My older sister is coming to town for a couple of days this weekend! It'll be her first time meeting Gwen and she'll be taking our first family photos.
- Gwen has been making real cute "ooh" and "hoo" noises and the other day she tilted her head back and let out a little "hooo!" She looked like a wolf and I couldn't remember the word "howling" so I asked her if she was wolfing. Now we call her little wolfer.
- The other nicknames Ryan gives Gwen. There are too many to remember but my favorite right now is Little Willie, after Willie Nelson.
- I went to a mini blogger meet-up last night and met a couple of new blogging friends. Holla!
- Biscotti and fancy hazelnut hot chocolate.
- When Gwen lifts one eyebrow, which is a lot.
- When Gwen and I smile at each other when we first wake up in the morning. I heart co-sleeping.
Regarding that last point- If you're kidless and are too afraid of possibly co-sleeping with your future babies, think again! It's one of my favorite things about having a baby. I think there are a lot of benefits to sleeping with your baby, the biggest one- more sleep for you and baby if you're breastfeeding (in my case, anyway). I urge y'all to read this article about co-sleeping. I understand that not everyone may like this idea or that it may not work for every family, and that this article's title is a little harsh, but if you're on the fence then this article is for you.