Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Mini Documentary

I chose to make a documentary for my recent video art class project. This video ties into my focus in photography this semester: documenting the relationships between young children and their caregivers. I had a few technical issues (including forgetting to press the "record" button a few times and missing out on some adorable play time...) as this is only my first documentary. I'm planning on making another with my sister-in-law, if she agrees(!), who is a nanny. 

Enjoy! 

      
Mommy from Beverly Houpt on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. love this! Will hav to watch more tomorrow- my husband is sighing while he is trying to study:) haha- Darling blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice filming! I really like the zooming out in the beginning and Kyra is just so adorable! I used to be in film class and I really enjoyed it

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious video. You are too cute, and I adore your blog!
    If you get a second, give me your thoughts on my latest post! I l'd love to hear from you!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this. i always thought simple, personal stories made the best documentaries. i took a doc production class in film school and the least successful projects were always the ones where people had these crazy ambitious subjects and huge stories that they tried to fit into a short film.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Chat with me! I reply here, so check back if you asked a question :)