Monday, October 23, 2017

Houpt Family Reunion


Okay! I am so behind on blogging! This family reunion took place three months ago in July. We went up to a cabin in southern Utah and it was beautiful. I feel like this blog post will mostly just be a big photo dump since the trip isn't as fresh in my mind anymore.

I regret not taking more photos with my DSLR the week of the reunion. I took more photos with my phone's camera and a lot of those ended up on my private Instagram to be printed into a Chatbook. I mostly just took photos of The Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. So lots of outdoorsy pictures! I also took a lot of video during this trip, but I'm not even going to attempt to compile them until we get a desktop computer, which should be pretty soon!

It was Ryan's idea to make a pit stop at The Grand Canyon on our way to Utah. We drove up with his parents, brother, sister, and her family. I now understand why people say that photos don't do it justice. There's nothing like actually standing in front of it. 


Gwen was being really silly on these steps. I love how these turned out! 


These next photos were taken after our hike in Zion. We were all kind of a sweaty mess, so I hope the family that sees these photos will forgive me! :D 
 Gwen loved riding on the ATV with grandpa back at the rental house.

You can't be up in the mountains without s'mores. 

It was a super fun week with an emotional ending involving everyone gathering around the piano to sing primary songs as grandma played. Many a tear was shed! We sang karaoke, had a talent show/"film festival", played games, did Zumba, watched movies, and ate lots and lots of food. My one regret was not getting a big group photo! Next time, next time. 2019 can't come soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Chat with me! I reply here, so check back if you asked a question :)